Santorini’s 10 best secret locations!
You have seen all about the caldera; you probably have heard of the vineyards and the black sandy beaches, but you are not the kind of traveller that goes with the flow; thus, we gathered 10 secret locations in Santorini that you have to discover, if you are interested in discovering a less popular side of the island.
- Lighthouse. It has become popular, nowadays, but you have to travel at the island’s south end to enjoy some of the greatest sunset views that you can find on the island.
- Beach of Pori. On the road to Oia, without any signs, just a hidden little red bay where you will swim with attention to the rocks but, yet, you will enjoy the real side and the wilderness of Santorini’s coastal beauty.
- The Monastery of Prophet Ilias. If you just think of the monastery as of a religious spot, then, you will simply miss the best views on the island. Head to Pyrgos village and then follow the signs.
- Kontochori Village. You pass through its streets to reach Ira Hotel & Spa. If you decide to stop there, visit the Folklore Museum and wander in its narrow alleys to admire some really authentic architecture or follow the signs to Exo Gialos beach.
- Finikia Village. Oia might be the end to your travel here, but do not miss a stroll to the tranquil Finikia village. Look for the church of Panagia Matrona, built on the 16th
- Agios Nikolaos, Ammoudi. Find Ammoudi and follow the path going beyond the restaurants. Behind the red rock, you will find a small bay to dive into crystal clear waters.
- Mesa Pigadia Beach. Recently organized still pretty pristine. Swim to the cave leading to the White Beach. Follow the signs before entering the Akrotiri village.
- Mesa Gonia Village. On the road to Kamari, turn to Mesa Gonia. Walk around the alleys of an almost deserted village, visit the church of Episkopi- the oldest on the island, and the Argyros Winery.
- Messaria Village. The Argyros Mansion is open to the public. If you decide to stop here, do not miss a stroll among old factories and mansions.
- The windmills of Emporio. You will probably see them when you are driving to the beaches of Perissa and Perivolos. Pay a visit and admire some really great views!